Honda unveiled two Prototypes at EICMA, along with new models and paint options for 2015.
At a glance, the announcements included:
- Road going RC213V-S Prototype revealed
- True Adventure Prototype revealed
- 40th Anniversary Gold Wing, Gold Wing F6B and Gold Wing F6C
- Completely revised adventure sports VFR800X Crossrunner
- High performance Forza 125 sports GT scooter
- Repsol replica paint for the NSC50R, CBR125R, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR SP Fireblade
- New paint options for VFR1200F, VFR1200X Crosstourer, CB1000R, CB500F and CB500X
Road going RC213V-S Prototype –
The RC213V-S is a road going prototype of the awesome Championship winning MotoGP RC213V machine. Inspired by, and developed with input from many legendary GP riders, the RC213V-S Prototype is set to be the ultimate road going motorcycle. Two machines have been presented; a static bike painted with a distinctive Japanese flag to mark 100 years of the EICMA show, along with a fully functioning, running version clothed in full carbon-fibre, fittingly ridden onto the stage by 2013/14 MotoGP champion, Marc Marquez.
True Adventure Prototype –
The second prototype released is the True Adventure Prototype. This prototype has been developed to deliver outstanding off-road capability, and could provide the basis of a true round-the-world motorcycle. It’s flanked by the current Team HRC CRF450 Rally and, paying respect to Honda’s competition legacy, the 1989 Paris-Dakar winning NXR Africa Twin ridden by Gilles Lalay.
2015 40th Anniversary Gold Wing, Gold Wing F6B and Gold Wing F6C
Marking 40 years of continuous Gold Wing production Honda celebrates with a Gold Wing finished in stunning two-tone paintwork and blacked out chassis, plus special 40th Anniversary emblems and key fob which will also be found on the three other 2015 Gold Wing paint options. The 2015 Gold Wing F6B 40th Anniversary model receives cruise control and reverse gear, the same commemorative emblems as its siblings and unique Matt Silver paint finish. The F6C power cruiser also receives a 40th Anniversary emblem on its key fob.
2015 VFR800X Crossrunner
The completely revised VFR800X Crossrunner features longer travel suspension, new wheels and brakes and aggressive adventure sports touring styling, and also benefits from more mid-range torque and top-end power from its V4-VTEC engine plus HSTC, ABS, premium LED lighting and 5-stage heated grips fitted as standard.
2015 Forza 125
The Forza 125 is a sports GT scooter that delivers more: more from a 4-valve low-friction engine designed for maximum highway performance, around-town zip and fuel efficiency. And more comfort for two with massive storage capacity, plus premium Honda LED technology and compact, cutting edge style.
New 2015 Paint Options
- Repsol replica paint – Following 4 consecutive Constructors’ Championship wins, and inspired by 2013/14 Moto GP Champion, Marc Marquez, the NSC50R, CBR125R, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR SP Fireblade will all be available with special Repsol replica paint.
- VFR1200F – Honda’s V4 sports-touring flagship wears a new Pearl Glare White finish.
- VFR1200X Crosstourer – The V4 adventure sports Crosstourer gets Special Edition Digital Silver Metallic/Pearl Glare White and Special Edition Digital Silver Metallic/Black paint options.
- CB1000R – For 2015, the CB1000R comes in three colour versions that emphasise its mix of cool urban style and litre-class super sports performance. On display at EICMA are its new Hyper Red/Black and Pearl Cool White/Black paint options; also available will be a revised Pearl Siena Red/Pearl Cool White.
- CB500F – Nimble, frugal and fun the naked twin-cylinder CB500F features new eye-catching Gunpowder Black Metallic/Matt Summit White paint, and is on display. Two other 2015 paint options – Ross White/Candy Lightning Blue and Ross White/Millennium Red – will also be available.
- CB500X -With all of the attributes of the CB500F the CB500X adds adventure sport style and upright riding position, expanding its all-round ability. On display is its new Gunpowder Black Metallic paint option; also available will be Matt Summit White and Millennium Red.